Invitations for expressions of interest to host future World Scout Events
Following Circular 02/2022 on World Scout Events, the World Scout Bureau (WSB) is now kindly inviting formal requests of expressions of interest to host the following events:
- 44th World Scout Conference (2027)
- 17th World Scout Moot (2029)
- 27th World Scout Jamboree (2031)
World Scout Events require considerable time to organise, support from partners and governmental authorities, as well as financial support and organisational commitment from within the host country. In each case, a host country must provide a satisfactory venue and the necessary organisational infrastructure, including services and staff.
National Scout Organizations (NSOs) or alliances of NSOs considering bidding for these events are asked to read carefully the Code of Conduct for Bidders for World Scout Events as well as the World Organization of the Scout Movement’s (WOSM) guidelines for hosting the World Scout Moot and the World Scout Jamboree. They are invited to contact Jacob Murray, Director, World Events at the World Scout Bureau, before formalising an expression of interest. This will ensure that they are fully informed of the requirements and risks of hosting a World Scout Event.
Next steps and key dates
- February 2023: World Scout Bureau (WSB) will deliver an online seminar for potential bidders to answer questions and encourage NSOs or alliances of NSOs to host future events.
- 15 April 2023: Deadline for potential hosts to submit a Declaration of Intent (Annex 1) to WSB by email. The WSB will then review potential hosts’ plans and assess any proposed venues prior to the 43rd World Scout Conference.
- May 2023: WSB will take steps to visit potential venues, prepare a report on the feasibility of the proposed invitations, and work together with the potential bidders on how to improve the bid.
- 31 July 2023: Deadline for candidates to submit final bid documentation to the WSB.
- September 2023: World Scout Committee will meet and review all received bids. Proposals that fulfil the necessary requirements will be endorsed.
- August 2024: Candidates will be put to a vote at the 43rd World Scout Conference. If several bids are considered for the same event, the one that receives the highest number of votes will be awarded the event. If only one bid is received, a simple majority of the votes cast will be required.
WOSM requires that all invitations to host World Scout Events are accompanied by a letter from the candidate country’s national government or immigration authority, stating that Scouts and Leaders from all WOSM Member Organizations will be facilitated in the process of obtaining visas to enter the country, where necessary.
For specific questions regarding the process or timeline, please contact Jacob Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org at the World Scout Bureau.
Yours in Scouting,
World Organization of the Scout Movement