Call for Entries for the Nutrition Champions Badge Design Contest
The World Organization of the Scout Movement, Africa Region (WOSM Africa) in partnership with UNICEF East and Southern Africa Regional Office (UNICEF ESARO) are creating a new educational programme to develop “healthy young people” who understand, adopt, and practice healthy nutrition habits; and contribute to the long-term healthy nutrition of their peers, families, and communities.
This contest is a call for entries to design a badge that will be used on as the official logo on all promotional material for the programme and become the award badge for Nutrition Champions who complete the badge programme.
The badge will be undertaken by young people in three distinct age categories: under 9 years, 10 to 14 years and above 15 years.
Badge Design Must Include
- Circular plate consisting of the depiction of a heathy eating plate with color segmentation to represent different food groups.
- The short name of the Badge: NUTRITION CHAMPIONS
- The World Scout Emblem, with these two options only: World Scout Emblem in purple on white background or World Scout Emblem in white on a purple background
- The UNICEF logo, with these two options only: UNICEF logo in sky blue on white background or UNICEF logo in white on a sky-blue background
- Different coloured rings around the plate with yellow for under 9 years, orange for 10 to 14 years and red for above 15 years.
Size of the Design
- Your design must fit in to a space of 5cm x 5cm. The size of your file (.png or .jpg) should be below 3Mb.
- Designs which do not respect the rules will not be considered for the final selection.
Be Creative and Original
- Create your own badge design!
- Designs which contain copyright images, graphic elements from previous years or artwork coming from clip art will not be considered.
Submitting your Entry
- Entries must be submitted before or on 3 June 2022.
- In submitting a design the entrant agrees that the design becomes the intellectual property of the World Scout Bureau, and that they surrender their rights to the design.
- Those entering the contest must be a member of one of the WOSM National Scout Organizations or National Scout Associations from any region.
- Entries should be submitted to email@example.com
The winner, and 2 runners-up, will be selected by a specially selected panel. The designs chosen will be:
- Compliant with the general rules mentioned here
- Adhere to technical constraints specified under the rules
- Relevant to theme
The winner will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Visual appeal and
- Overall impression
The winner will be announced in June 2022. The World Scout Bureau’s graphic designers will adapt the design and adjust the logo for the final production of the Nutrition Champions Badges.
The winning entry will be the official logo and badge for the Nutrition Champions Challenge Badge, and will be used on badges and other merchandise promoting the programme. The winner and runners-up will receive a selection of merchandise from Africa Scout Shop.
For any queries about the Nutrition Champions Badge Design Contest you may contact Nelson Opany, the Senior Manager, Communications and Partnerships at the World Scout Bureau Africa Support Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org.